Skip to main content

Life, Universe and Everything

One fine day I woke up snugly wrapped in my blanket it was a crisp winter morning, the skyline was left illuminated by the predawn light. The chirping of birds echoed through the silence. I could see a strange white light emanating from the distant woods. I went closer and wiped the mist-laden window and the sight of it left me bewildered. I decided to find the source of this strange light.

I started walking towards the woods, the weather was bone chilling. With each step, my curiosity was ever increasing. The woods were engulfed by the morning fog and I could barely see anything beyond twenty feet. White light was distinctly visible in the dense fog. I kept walking towards the light and it seemed to get brighter with every step. My heart was beating faster than usual, I was taking strides longer than usual and then suddenly I started running. I closed my eyes as the halo was too bright. The moment was magical my eyes were closed yet I could feel the aura. Slowly as I opened my eyes I could see beautiful flowers bloomed beside the stream of water coming down the valley and running into the woods. As I turned across I could see an angel floating in the air. I was mesmerized by her grace.

 “Who are you?” I asked. “I am an angel, I can fulfill your three wishes,” she said. “I want to know What’s the meaning of life, universe, and everything?” I asked expectantly. “It’s forty-two!” She said. “What does that mean?” I said confused. “It means its all on you...”She said with a smile. “I don’t understand, wait I need to understand”. She was saying something but her words couldn’t be heard, I was being pulled by a strange force I could hear voices echoing into my ear everything was a complete slur. I strained my eyes and walked towards her but something kept pulling me. The strange voice got prominent. “Wake up! wake up! wake up!” I was back to my senses to find myself in my room and being pulled by the arm by Manav. “Man you were sleeping by the desk this entire morning,” Manav said with a concerned look. Then I realized I dozed off solving the puzzle “Life, Universe and Everything....”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfect Bowling Game

“Strike!” the screen flashed a fancy animation as the ball rammed into the pins scattering the formation to the ground. “Man, you are a game!” exclaimed Jay. I had scored the tenth strike in the row and was already feeling like Earl Anthony. I was just one strike away from the perfect game. I had to get the last one right. A million thoughts ran through my mind but only one echoed “Get the last one right”. It was a matter of seconds until I had the ball back in my hands. I was trying to think about my past throws and was wondering what made them tick. But I was having a tough time recollecting and playing out every throw in my mind. I had done something different every time the angle, the speed always had some sort of unique variation. I had to figure it out now, as the ball was in my hands, I had to get it right. One twenty seconds before the ball seemed like an extension of the arm but now it seemed to weigh a hundred ton, heavy with the burden of expectation all over it. The si

Trek to Karnala Fort

The alarm buzzed at five in the morning. Lightening up a small part of the room. I woke up wrapped in the sheets in the comfort of my bed. It was dark outside. The occasional bark of the dog pierced through the silence of the early morning as I got ready for the trek. Surbhi had decided to organise a trek and had rallied everyone to join in. I always wanted to climb Karnala fort, I eagerly joined the gang. Many of our friends left the group as they preferred the prospect of watching a movie in the multiplex over trek in the nature’s abode. Having decided to meet at Kurla at seven in the morning. I was already running late for a 7:00 am local train. I reached Kurla at 7:30 am where Surbhi, Vishal and Karan where waiting for me. The fast local from Thane was crowded and with my mobile inside I couldn't pick any call. “You are late, we were almost leaving without you.” Vishal said in a mock anger. “Even I thought I wouldn’t make it too Kurla.” I said as we burst into laughter, h

Internship Saga - Part 2

The canteen was filled with employees from all the floors. But the canteen seemed to be a chilled out place with a lot of delicacies to try. I ordered a Mysore Masala Dosa. The chutney was tangy and sambhar was lip smacking. I gorged onto the dosa in no time as I was hungry. We came back to the Board Room and were waiting for Arya. “How was your lunch guys? Arya asked as she came in the Board room. “It was good.” We said in unison. The rest of the day was spent knowing about the work and various food outlets in the Corporate.Inc. It was Monday a fresh day of a new week. I was pumped up to start my work and get on with the issue raising stuff. But we had to wait until afternoon before the things streamlined. Waiting in the Board room we were passing our time reading books and watching the world outside the glass panes. Then suddenly in a moment’s time, one of the Corporate’s Sirs came in the Board room. “Good Afternoon, I am Nelson Marcus, the manager at the Corporate.Inc.” The ma