Skip to main content

Embracing the openess

I saw a guitarist on stage
strumming the chords of his instrument,
singing his song that is upbeat and nonchalant,
and with his music I found him embracing his openness.

The other day I walked across the street
and entered a painter's studio.
I saw the maestro at work, with his paintings
I found him embracing his openness.

A teacher with her teachings,
A businessman with his dealings,
A sculptor with her carvings,
With their living I found them embracing their openness.

You and I are no different,
We too are trying to find our openness,
the one that lets us make peace
with our deepest core and murkiest truths.

The openness is your true form,
its the reason you were put on earth,
to answer the question "Why are you here?"
some may embrace it with you and some may not,
it's cool either way as long as you follow your pole star.

One day out of closed openness,
and a few trickled drops of tears,
Intuitively I got a paper and a pencil,
wrote a word, then another, and another...

A word before I felt a knot in my stomach,
and a certain fear of unknown. But then
word by word it disappeared and suddenly
I found me embracing my openness.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mountain

Siddhartha was born in the month of monsoon, in a small sleepy hamlet called Thione. He was a cute and a healthy boy born to a decent couple. The father was a craftsman and mother was teacher in the town school. They lived in their cottage by the green mountains of Thione. There universe was always peaceful and happy. Siddhartha grew up in an environment that was filled with love and care. He was an efficient learner and was quickly taking his baby steps. The first word he uttered was “Maa..” that left tears of lasting joy in his mother’s eyes. He would play for hours with his toys and would then have his lunch made by his mother. The courtyard in the house had a swing. A baby Siddhartha would swing like a pendulum sitting over it. One day his gaze fell on the green mountains behind their cottage. “Maa, what’s there in the green mountains? For how long they have been sitting there still?” He asked with an unmatched curiosity. “They have been there since a very long, long...

An Empty Canvas

A paper is a writer’s canvas as the sun rose I showed up at the page and the blank page stared at me balefully afraid I closed the notebook. My friends would ask, “ W hat’s there in your notebook?” “ Ideas, words and creativity.” I would say, But they could find none. Let down by the bare page, “ Where are your w ords?” T hey would say I know where they are read them hidden beneath the layers of an empty canvas.

Newton: A Perspective

A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy’s shoulders to let him know the world hadn’t ended.                     -Batman, The Dark Knight Rises Newton is a story that resonates with this quote. Its a story of a common man who sets on a mission to conduct fair elections in Konar, Chattisgarh amidst resistance from maoists and naxalites. Pairing up with corrupt government officials and promising yet indifferent co-workers, honesty and perseverance are Newton’s best allies. With Cynicism and scepticism ruling the day and a vote count as meagre as seventy six. Newton quickly realises that he has to get things in order. He tries to educate the oppressed villagers about election who have already given up on the government, but is shoved aside by the security head who says voting machine is a toy and election is a lottery. “ Great work takes time...