Skip to main content

One Morning

It was four am in the morning. My room was filled with a sharp chill. 'The air conditioner must have been blaring the entire night.' I thought. I turned around the bed to check the time, as I reached for the bedside lantern my hand passed through it. I tried to clasp my phone near the oak-wood table but again my hand passed right through it. I was bolt awake in horror. I fumbled down the bed and reached for the door but couldn't grasp it. Everything around me had turned into mist. I brought my hand closer to my cheeks. 'Whoosh!' it passed right through it. 'How is it possible?' I looked around the room. I could see myself sleeping peacefully as I was walking around the room.

The quintessential question arose that had remained unanswered for a long time. Who am I? The one without form or the one with shape sleeping peacefully on the bed? Who am I at the authentic core? And How would I know? Where should I go? What should I do?

I sat there on the floor near my bed, confused by the questions, scared by the possibilities, afraid of the outcomes and then suddenly a white light spread across the room. I closed my eyes instinctively and felt at peace with myself as if one with the creator. "To know who you are, you have to find where you have lost yourself."A voice spoke. "I don't know, where exactly..." I said bewildered. "Then go back to your roots and find your authentic self, the one whom arms cannot destroy, fire can't burn, water can't drench and winds can't blow dry. When you understand this you and me are no different." The voice echoed in the room.

"How will I understand this?" I asked earnestly. "It will take an adventure of a lifetime and you should already be on it and if you are not then now is a great time."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mountain

Siddhartha was born in the month of monsoon, in a small sleepy hamlet called Thione. He was a cute and a healthy boy born to a decent couple. The father was a craftsman and mother was teacher in the town school. They lived in their cottage by the green mountains of Thione. There universe was always peaceful and happy. Siddhartha grew up in an environment that was filled with love and care. He was an efficient learner and was quickly taking his baby steps. The first word he uttered was “Maa..” that left tears of lasting joy in his mother’s eyes. He would play for hours with his toys and would then have his lunch made by his mother. The courtyard in the house had a swing. A baby Siddhartha would swing like a pendulum sitting over it. One day his gaze fell on the green mountains behind their cottage. “Maa, what’s there in the green mountains? For how long they have been sitting there still?” He asked with an unmatched curiosity. “They have been there since a very long, long...

An Empty Canvas

A paper is a writer’s canvas as the sun rose I showed up at the page and the blank page stared at me balefully afraid I closed the notebook. My friends would ask, “ W hat’s there in your notebook?” “ Ideas, words and creativity.” I would say, But they could find none. Let down by the bare page, “ Where are your w ords?” T hey would say I know where they are read them hidden beneath the layers of an empty canvas.

Newton: A Perspective

A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy’s shoulders to let him know the world hadn’t ended.                     -Batman, The Dark Knight Rises Newton is a story that resonates with this quote. Its a story of a common man who sets on a mission to conduct fair elections in Konar, Chattisgarh amidst resistance from maoists and naxalites. Pairing up with corrupt government officials and promising yet indifferent co-workers, honesty and perseverance are Newton’s best allies. With Cynicism and scepticism ruling the day and a vote count as meagre as seventy six. Newton quickly realises that he has to get things in order. He tries to educate the oppressed villagers about election who have already given up on the government, but is shoved aside by the security head who says voting machine is a toy and election is a lottery. “ Great work takes time...