Skip to main content

Internship Saga - Part 1

Having just completed my semester examination I was relaxing in the week long vacation before the Internship at the Corporate.Inc. I was excited to work for the Corporate but I had no clue what the profile was. I had applied as a computer engineering student and hoped that I would be offered a profile that would match my interests. After a week’s vacation, the joining day came.

The early rays of the sun entered my room as I woke up. I got ready and was eager to go out and experience the corporate life. How the corporates are structured? How they worked? What’s the atmosphere like? With lot on my mind and few in it I hopped in the car as my Dad working for the same Corporate was going to drop me. I waved my goodbye to Mom and Sid. Dad revved up the accelerator of the car as we began our journey.

I reached the campus before the reporting time. Few of my friends where waiting outside the gate, I waved them and asked them to hop in. Dad helped us with the visitor pass, that would be our Id for the day and we were on our way to experience the Corporate culture for the first time in our life. Some of my classmates had already reached and where waiting outside the office. After half an hour’s wait we were called in by Ms. Arya. “Welcome to Corporate.Inc I am Arya.” She said as she took us into the Board Room.

“Welcome Interns” read the solitary white board in the room. It had a big table in the centre of it surrounded by many a chairs. Through the glass windows we could see the entire campus of Corporate.Inc. “Please be seated here, I would be back after making few arrangements.” Arya said. She was no more than twenty two, recently graduated out of the college, she worked in the management department.

Our patience was being tested as we sat in the Board Room with nothing much to do. “I think we should get to work on some real world project.” Vaishak said. “I feel the same, brother.” I said. The door opened suddenly and few employees entered the room. “Good Morning Interns.” The guy said.
“Good Afternoon.” We replied as it was already twelve something. “We are the Avengers, Welcome Aboard. I am Dev Kumar.” The guy said. “I am Prachi, I would take you through the tour of the department.” Prachi said. “We are a team of recently passed out Engineering graduates, we work on The Corporate Products, find issues in them and explore product development.” Arya Said.

“This is Banner’s Research Room, here we find issues in different Corporate Products. All our ideas come out of the The Stark Tower.” Arya said pointing to the room. “We explore App development in the Atlantis Labs, this is the Cafeteria and the Carefree Zone we play table tennis over here.” She said. “This is the overview of Avengers you will understand more about it once you start working in the department. Until then you can have your lunch. We will meet at three in the afternoon.” Dev Kumar said. The work environment seemed to be chilled out and vibes were cool for the  Corporate.Inc. “This must be fun. I would like it in here.” I thought as we went into the canteen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfect Bowling Game

“Strike!” the screen flashed a fancy animation as the ball rammed into the pins scattering the formation to the ground. “Man, you are a game!” exclaimed Jay. I had scored the tenth strike in the row and was already feeling like Earl Anthony. I was just one strike away from the perfect game. I had to get the last one right. A million thoughts ran through my mind but only one echoed “Get the last one right”. It was a matter of seconds until I had the ball back in my hands. I was trying to think about my past throws and was wondering what made them tick. But I was having a tough time recollecting and playing out every throw in my mind. I had done something different every time the angle, the speed always had some sort of unique variation. I had to figure it out now, as the ball was in my hands, I had to get it right. One twenty seconds before the ball seemed like an extension of the arm but now it seemed to weigh a hundred ton, heavy with the burden of expectation all over it. The si

Newton: A Perspective

A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy’s shoulders to let him know the world hadn’t ended.                     -Batman, The Dark Knight Rises Newton is a story that resonates with this quote. Its a story of a common man who sets on a mission to conduct fair elections in Konar, Chattisgarh amidst resistance from maoists and naxalites. Pairing up with corrupt government officials and promising yet indifferent co-workers, honesty and perseverance are Newton’s best allies. With Cynicism and scepticism ruling the day and a vote count as meagre as seventy six. Newton quickly realises that he has to get things in order. He tries to educate the oppressed villagers about election who have already given up on the government, but is shoved aside by the security head who says voting machine is a toy and election is a lottery. “ Great work takes time, even this forest took years to grow.” He is rem

Trek to Karnala Fort

The alarm buzzed at five in the morning. Lightening up a small part of the room. I woke up wrapped in the sheets in the comfort of my bed. It was dark outside. The occasional bark of the dog pierced through the silence of the early morning as I got ready for the trek. Surbhi had decided to organise a trek and had rallied everyone to join in. I always wanted to climb Karnala fort, I eagerly joined the gang. Many of our friends left the group as they preferred the prospect of watching a movie in the multiplex over trek in the nature’s abode. Having decided to meet at Kurla at seven in the morning. I was already running late for a 7:00 am local train. I reached Kurla at 7:30 am where Surbhi, Vishal and Karan where waiting for me. The fast local from Thane was crowded and with my mobile inside I couldn't pick any call. “You are late, we were almost leaving without you.” Vishal said in a mock anger. “Even I thought I wouldn’t make it too Kurla.” I said as we burst into laughter, h