Skip to main content

Internship Saga - Part 6

I had entered into a happy routine of raising issues, development and amazing lunches with Samyukta and Vaidehi. We explored the corporate on the cycle. Finding cafe’s, eateries and Restaurants. One day we had a Sizzler, the other day pizza and pasta. “It seems like a food testing internship.” I said. “Yes after having amazing food we can start a food blog.” Samyukta said.

We were waiting for the shuttle that takes us to the station. “I don’t like this travelling part of the internship.” Vaidehi said. “You come from a far off place.” I said. “I will be chilled out like you once I start living with my cousin in Thane.” She said. Samyukta was not around and had already left for her home. “Do you find a place to sit in the bus?” I asked. “Sometimes there is’nt but many a times I get a window seat.” She said.

We came to the bus station in Thane and where waiting for the Vasai bound bus. “Hey look there is a  bus over there.” Vaidehi said. We got into the bus but it was crowded and filled with passengers upto the brim. “I will go in this bus.” Vaidehi said. “No don’t go in this bus there is no place to sit. Let’s get down.” I said. We came back down and where waiting for another bus to come. “It helps you to have someone with you. I would have gone in that bus otherwise. I would have traveled all the way to Vasai standing amidst vegetable seller.” Vaidehi said. “It helps you to take decisions more efficiently.” I said.

Meanwhile the bus came and Vaidehi got onto the bus and got a window seat this time. I waved my good bye to her. ‘I helped her and that made her day, is’nt that cool,’ I thought to myself. It started drizzling as I went home. Next day at the internship. “You will have to select a project as last ten days are left.”Spruha said. “You can select from the Newspaper Application or make your own application.” Ajinkya said. “What are going to make Sanket?”Spruha asked. “I haven’t decided yet completely but I would make a 2D game.” I said. I had no clue how to make a game in android. I only had vague details about Unity Game development.

I searched about different game engines over the internet. But each one required me to code the logic of the game. I was searching for a Game engine that let’s me build the environment of the game and doesn’t require much of coding. I found a perfect match for my requirements in Gamers 5. Its an open source game engine that let’s you drag and drop the assets and form the logic accordingly. It comes with a built in physics engine. I built a 2D tank shooter game in the coming few days.

We entered the last week of the internship. We had to present our work on the last day of the internship. I had created a game but it was basic and alongwith it I had build a few more apps. I had no clue what else I can build in a few days time. I searched over the internet for ideas I could find to build a project. I decided not to make a big project but small meaningful applications. But the big question was what would be those small applications?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfect Bowling Game

“Strike!” the screen flashed a fancy animation as the ball rammed into the pins scattering the formation to the ground. “Man, you are a game!” exclaimed Jay. I had scored the tenth strike in the row and was already feeling like Earl Anthony. I was just one strike away from the perfect game. I had to get the last one right. A million thoughts ran through my mind but only one echoed “Get the last one right”. It was a matter of seconds until I had the ball back in my hands. I was trying to think about my past throws and was wondering what made them tick. But I was having a tough time recollecting and playing out every throw in my mind. I had done something different every time the angle, the speed always had some sort of unique variation. I had to figure it out now, as the ball was in my hands, I had to get it right. One twenty seconds before the ball seemed like an extension of the arm but now it seemed to weigh a hundred ton, heavy with the burden of expectation all over it. The si

Newton: A Perspective

A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy’s shoulders to let him know the world hadn’t ended.                     -Batman, The Dark Knight Rises Newton is a story that resonates with this quote. Its a story of a common man who sets on a mission to conduct fair elections in Konar, Chattisgarh amidst resistance from maoists and naxalites. Pairing up with corrupt government officials and promising yet indifferent co-workers, honesty and perseverance are Newton’s best allies. With Cynicism and scepticism ruling the day and a vote count as meagre as seventy six. Newton quickly realises that he has to get things in order. He tries to educate the oppressed villagers about election who have already given up on the government, but is shoved aside by the security head who says voting machine is a toy and election is a lottery. “ Great work takes time, even this forest took years to grow.” He is rem

Trek to Karnala Fort

The alarm buzzed at five in the morning. Lightening up a small part of the room. I woke up wrapped in the sheets in the comfort of my bed. It was dark outside. The occasional bark of the dog pierced through the silence of the early morning as I got ready for the trek. Surbhi had decided to organise a trek and had rallied everyone to join in. I always wanted to climb Karnala fort, I eagerly joined the gang. Many of our friends left the group as they preferred the prospect of watching a movie in the multiplex over trek in the nature’s abode. Having decided to meet at Kurla at seven in the morning. I was already running late for a 7:00 am local train. I reached Kurla at 7:30 am where Surbhi, Vishal and Karan where waiting for me. The fast local from Thane was crowded and with my mobile inside I couldn't pick any call. “You are late, we were almost leaving without you.” Vishal said in a mock anger. “Even I thought I wouldn’t make it too Kurla.” I said as we burst into laughter, h